By Andrew Bowie
Read or Download Aesthetics and subjectivity: From Kant to Nietzsche PDF
Best aesthetics books
This booklet is a call for participation to learn poetry. Simon Critchley argues that poetry enlarges existence with a number of statement, energy of expression and a spotlight to language that eclipses the other medium. In a wealthy engagement with the poetry of Wallace Stevens, Critchley unearths that poetry additionally includes deep and critical philosophical perception.
Mozart's Don Giovanni is an operatic masterpiece choked with iconic and legendary tensions that also resonate this day. The paintings redefines the phrases of energy, seduction, and morality, and the ensuing clash among the classy and the moral is deeply rooted within the Enlightenment and romanticism. The Don Giovanni second is the 1st booklet to check the classy and ethical legacy of Mozart's opera within the literature, philosophy, and tradition of the 19th century.
What's a relocating photograph, and the way does it movement us? In considering In movie, celebrated theorist Mieke Bal engages in an exploration - half discussion, half voyage - with the video installations of Finnish artist Eija-Liisa Ahtila to appreciate circulate as creative perform and as have an effect on. via fifteen years of Ahtila's perform, together with such seminal works because the Annunciation, the place Is the place?
The contributions handle the multi-dimensional classification of the subconscious in Nietzsche's philosophy, with a view to learn the fashionable dilemmatic human life. The ways originate from quite a lot of disciplines, together with anthropology, literary reports, philosophy, psychology, and psychoanalysis.
- Art and Answerability: Early Philosophical Essays (University of Texas Press Slavic Series)
- Aesthetics of Negativity: Blanchot, Adorno, and Autonomy (Perspectives in Continental Philosophy)
- Art: Key Contemporary Thinkers
- Art, Education, and the Democratic Commitment: A Defense of State Support for the Arts (Philosophical Studies in Contemporary Culture)
- Martin Heidegger on Technology, Ecology, and the Arts
- Gardens and the Passion for the Infinite (Analecta Husserliana)
Extra info for Aesthetics and subjectivity: From Kant to Nietzsche
Aesthetics and subjectivity: From Kant to Nietzsche by Andrew Bowie