By Graham Bird
- Written by way of a global solid of scholars
- Covers the entire significant works of the severe philosophy, in addition to the pre-critical works
- Subjects lined variety from arithmetic and philosophy of technological know-how, via epistemology and metaphysics, to ethical and political philosophy
Read Online or Download A Companion to Kant (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Similar aesthetics books
This e-book is a call for participation to learn poetry. Simon Critchley argues that poetry enlarges existence with more than a few remark, strength of expression and a spotlight to language that eclipses the other medium. In a wealthy engagement with the poetry of Wallace Stevens, Critchley finds that poetry additionally includes deep and critical philosophical perception.
Mozart's Don Giovanni is an operatic masterpiece jam-packed with iconic and legendary tensions that also resonate this day. The paintings redefines the phrases of energy, seduction, and morality, and the ensuing clash among the cultured and the moral is deeply rooted within the Enlightenment and romanticism. The Don Giovanni second is the 1st ebook to check the cultured and ethical legacy of Mozart's opera within the literature, philosophy, and tradition of the 19th century.
What's a relocating picture, and the way does it stream us? In considering In movie, celebrated theorist Mieke Bal engages in an exploration - half discussion, half voyage - with the video installations of Finnish artist Eija-Liisa Ahtila to appreciate move as creative perform and as have an effect on. via fifteen years of Ahtila's perform, together with such seminal works because the Annunciation, the place Is the place?
The contributions tackle the multi-dimensional type of the subconscious in Nietzsche's philosophy, so that it will learn the fashionable dilemmatic human life. The techniques originate from a variety of disciplines, together with anthropology, literary reports, philosophy, psychology, and psychoanalysis.
- Philosophy of Literature (Ratio Special Issues)
- Aesthetics in a Multicultural Age
- Language Lost and Found: On Iris Murdoch and the Limits of Philosophical Discourse
- The Concept of Passivity in Husserl's Phenomenology: 60 (Contributions To Phenomenology)
- George Santayana: Literary Philosopher
- Images of History: Kant, Benjamin, Freedom, and the Human Subject
Extra resources for A Companion to Kant (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)
A Companion to Kant (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) by Graham Bird